Best Time to Take Slippery Elm
Slippery Elm dosage can vary from patient to patient. The best time to prepare and drink slippery elm is before meals and drink it on an empty stomach. There are a couple of uses but if you are using for healing your ulcers and IBS issues than you can use – 1 or 2 teaspoons of slippery elm powder mixed into one glass of water. Remember to drink it immediately because if it stays long it will be so thick that will be impossible to drink. Do this to 4 times per day or before meals.
Slippery Elm powder is used for
- Slippery elm is mostly used for Inflammation and ulcerations of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Slippery elm bark powder is used for healing ulcerative colitis
- Slippery elm for dealing Crohn’s disease.
- Slippery elm can regulate gastritis, diarrhea.
- Slippery elm bark powder for constipation.
- Dry, hacking coughs
- It can be used for external use or skin disorders like burns, rashes, wounds, and abrasions
- Mucilage coats found in the bark can heal mouth and sore throat issues
- Slippery elm good for GERD and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
What is Slippery Elm Bark Powder?
Slippery Elm Bark Powder is made from the bark of the Slippery Elm tree known as Ulmus fulva. The Slippery Elm tree is native to North America and even in the past, the people knew about its healing benefits and they mostly use it for a relief of a cough and flu symptoms. One key characteristic of the slippery elm bark powder is when mixed with water it turns into a gel like substance and that is what makes this powder so healthy. The key ingredient in this powder is the substance called mucilage. This is the substance that turns powder into a gel when fused with water. There are studies where this mucilage is tested and proven to be one of the most powerful ingredients that can be even used as a treatment for breast cancer!
Interesting Facts for Slippery Elm Bark Powder
- Slippery elm is a natural antioxidant and that makes very good for healing any ulceration , wound, burns, cuts and etc. Because it can be taken with water for a couple of times per day with no known side effects than this amazing powders is very good for anyone diagnosed with IBS. Meaning that slippery bark elm is a great addition to any diet and especially for people that are on IBS diet.
- For anyone that suffers from uncontrollable diarrhea or constipation then slippery elm bark is the perfect natural solution for you. Remember adding fiber and fruits into your diet and combination with slippery elm bark will help your constipation problems
- Slippery bark elm powder is good for people that are suffering from Acid reflux and ulcers. It lowers down the acidity in our stomach and that creates a perfectly balanced environment for stomach enzymes.
- The inner bark of the slippery elm tree is the most important. That bark is dried and then powdered. This medicinal powder today can be seen in numerous forms like tea, tablets, pure powder
Slippery elm bark and licorice root
The best treatment for people suffering from acid reflux is the powerful combination of licorice root and slippery elm bark. The both can regulate acid reflux and heal many problems. Problems like bloating, heartburn, pain under the ribs, abdominal pain, constipation(especially when combined with licorice tea or licorice tablets)
Slippery elm and Licorice for Weight Loss
Because slippery elm is very good for soothing and licorice for regulating and balancing the digestion when combined both then the weight loss is a simply matter of time. There are studies that have proved that licorice and slippery bark can help losing weight.
Slippery Elm Tree Sale
People started buying slippery elm tree because of its unique look. The Slippery Elm is a tree which can grow to 20 m in height. The most important feature is the different branching pattern compared to the American Elm. But people are mostly interested in its heartwood that is reddish-brown and that is why some people are calling it as ‘Red Elm’. You can have a look here and buy one if you are interested in this unique looking tree.
How to Use and Where to Find Slippery Elm
I will list here the most proven slippery elm products and its uses:
- For Acid Reflux: Organic Slippery Elm Bark
- Slippery elm Lozenges for A cough (pure maple sugar)
- Tea for acid reflux and flu symptoms
- If your pets like dogs and cats have problems with constipation that you can add slippery bark elm powder and mix it with its food.
- Slippery elm tablets for healing ulcers